Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Evernote and Slides

Hey everybody!! I guess it's been a busy week for everyone. Hope we'll survive...

It was the first time for me to use Evernote. When using internet academic tools for the first time, I usually struggle with it. However, I found Evernote easy to use and quite helpful. We can clip whatever we want or need from internet, and it provides various ways of saving sources, such as bookmarks and screenshot. We can even draw on the screenshots we take. I guess the feature of Evernote that I am most likely to use is screenshot, because I can apply it to my slides.

C.R.A.P stands for Contrast, Repetition, Alignment and Proximity.
Contrast: Making differences in slides to help viewers understanding, such as showing what is important using typeface, font, color and etc...
Repetition: visual similarity and coherence repeating in slides. e.g.) matching core colors
Alignment: placing items rationally and deliberately  to make audience's understanding easier. This eliminate confusion.
Proximity: placing the elements considering the appropriate closeness between them.

When I make slides for my presentation, I care about contrast, repetition and proximity. However, I haven't really thought about alignment. I just put elements into a page due to their importance and coherence. I googled the alignment for slides, and it is said that alignment eliminates confusion and assists audience, also using ruler is better making well-aligned slides. This will help me making slides because I always struggle with organizing them.

My umbrella topic is food, and my individual one is about food additive. I hope I can deliberate the risk of food additive to everyone, and make them think about their choice of food.

We've gone through half of the term already. We have a little more to go, so hang on there!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey there agua-árbol san! I never knew using a ruler is a good techinque when considering about alignment. I wonder, do we use the ruler to make the pictures balanced and stuff? I would love to hear about it when we make the slides. Well, stay warm! (By the way, I love your background! )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thank you for commenting on my blog! About ruler, it is actually included in edit tools for slides. Have you ever seen that the lines dividing the page like this 田. This is what I called ruler. Did this help you?? See you!

      Delete
    2. Hmm I see. I'll go check it out! Thank you for sharing!

      Delete
  2. Hey Mizuki! It's Karen!
    Yeah, I also found that evernote is easy to use! I think it's less complicated than zotero... lol
    In my blog, I said I would use screenshot the most as well! I feel like everyone seems to like this "Screenshot" element in evernote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mizuki!
    I love screenshots!
    Sorry its all of a sudden, haha!
    Drawing on my screenshots are so much fun!
    I know it will be very helpful for our slides for final presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mizuki!
    I am glad that you recognized about alignment and found out Evernote useful. I also thought that Evernote is simple and easy to use.
    I can't wait to use Evernote!

    ReplyDelete